Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Terrible twos... you have met your match!!!!


Now I know what they say about a 2 year old... "the terrible twos"!! They are irrational, irrefutably horrible little creatures, but boy are they cute. You can't get rid of them. The only thing that separates these little creatures from the animals at this point is the fact that at any moment they could quite possibly kill themselves!!!

Well I think my 22 month old is in good practice for his "terrible twos". In fact I think he must be super intelligent because he seems to have read up on every silly, ridiculous, and will break-down-mommy behavior known to man!

Have you ever been stuck in a tornado with things crashing down all around you?

Well this "bad weather" can strike at any time with my little almost 2 terror! Food, glass, folded clothes, and yes even his very own toys are not discriminated with his wrath! At any moment these things can end up across the room! (Hence the broken glass, I so happily found in my foot this morning, that I so happily cleaned up while I was making dinner last night; better my foot than his!)

Oh yes... even as I am writing this... he has managed to break past my "child proofing barrier" and get some cereal for himself, serve it into a small plastic bowl... show me how proud he is of this accomplishment and then proceed to dump it... alllll over the floor! I am leaving it there right now... why?? Because in 5 minutes there will be another spill on the floor. How do I know this you ask?? Because its all part of his master plan. You see, this little one, not yet 2 has an older brother, and the older brother has told him of the wonders of being an only child for 9 years and all the attention you get as an only child (they must have this secret sibling language). Now since right now, technically, I have 2 only children!!! Two kids in there own world, with there own wants and needs, and desires. Both on two TOTALLY different pages that never seem to match up, it is only logical I would want another little one for my second only child to play with and grow up with. This is where the plan has begun. Now that my not yet 2 year old has caught wind of the wonderment of "only child-dom" and the shear torture it brings their parents; this .... this little one is trying to break me down... make me say it... well... I am not gonna say it... I am not falling into "that" trap, because you know where I will be... 5 years from now in the same position but with 3.... 3 ONLY CHILDREN!!! This is ludicrous!!!


So I need a plan.... BREAK the 22 month old!!

Give him the "time outs" he deserves and let him know... I am the boss... not him (what he doesn't know, won't hurt him). Keep my broom and dust pan out within arms reach, a back up of paper towels on hand at all times, and give him away to anyone who will take him, at least once a week, for that much needed "mommy break" (love the nursery at church for this!). I will adore every little act, and see it as cute, because one day he will be running off, jumping in his friends car to "hang out" and not even want to throw cereal on the ground, or coat my unfinished coffee table with milk or unfold all the clothes I spend an hour folding. Oh no! Terrible twos my foot!! This is just when they are old enough to understand the conspiracy behind it all... he is just figuring it out, all too soon (I blame the much older and just as difficult older brother).

You can't break this mom!!! Just you wait!!! I will make another little terrorist that will pull your hair, and steal your toys, and I will insist that you have to "share"! hahaha! You can't break me! Glass in my foot, makeup smeared, sweat on my pits, and food on my floor!! I will have the last word... Look out terrible twos!!! This mommy is full of determination, and remember... I have been playing this "mom game" since I was 17. You can say I am an "old hack" at this game... you can't break me. If anything... I kinda like it!

Stick that in your bottle and drink it!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG you crack me up! LOL. So when can we expect number 3? Hahaha, I hope soon! You have GORGEOUS children and plus, you need another female in that house, you are out numbered girlie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more testosterone the BETTER!!! yea..yea.. hair and explosions and loud things and beer yea yea BRING IT!!!

    ReplyDelete